Your Independence Blue Cross (IBX) member ID card is your key to quality health care and additional advantages that you might not know about — including discounts, reimbursements, and personal support that can help you reach your health and wellness potential.*
Here are some IBX member perks to take advantage of this year:
- Free admission at the Blue Cross RiverRink. It’s open for ice skating in the winter and roller skating in the summer.
- Fitness savings and reimbursements. We help you get fit on the cheap in two ways:
- GlobalFit® provides IBX membership discounts to 8,000 gyms, fitness centers, and studios nationwide. You’ll also get discounts on a variety of fitness equipment and a membership with Jenny Craig®.
- We offer reimbursement of up to $150 for the cost of a fitness center membership and weight management programs
- Blue InsiderSM & Blue 365® discount programs. These two Blue discount programs offer a variety of discounts on national theme parks, family events, rental cars, sporting events, hotels, movie tickets, and much more.
- Nutrition counseling. Your Independence Blue Cross health plan includes nutrition counseling, covering up to six visits with a participating registered dietitian at no additional charge to you.
- Personal health coaching. Registered nurse Health Coaches are available 24/7 to answer any questions and to help you make decisions about your care. Get answers to your questions about health care and benefits, as well as help finding a doctor, understanding the cost of health care in your area, scheduling appointments, locating eldercare, and more. Just call 1-866-799-2181 (TTY:711).
- Support for new parents. Our Baby BluePrints® maternity program is designed to help you be healthy, confident, and comfortable throughout your pregnancy. To sign up, call 1-800-598-BABY (TTY:711). Nurses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Members are also eligible for reimbursements, free offers, and discounts on the storage of umbilical cord blood, which can be used to help a member’s baby (or a baby’s sibling) fight a future illness.
- Independence Blue Cross Member Support. Log in to your member portal for personalized health care resources, including self-serve management of benefits, claims, billing and referrals, provider finder tools (for doctors, pharmacies, and specialty care centers), and more.
Not a member yet, or thinking about becoming one soon?
If you missed the January 31 enrollment deadline, you still may be able to get low-cost health insurance if you qualify for a Special Life Event, such as getting married, having a baby, losing health coverage, or turning 26.
These value-added programs are all included with our affordable health plans: For 2016, Independence Blue Cross is offering the lowest-priced Silver and Bronze plans in the region!** Plus, financial help may be available if you qualify for a subsidy.
View benefits of choosing Independence Blue Cross, which includes being a part of the extensive Blue Cross Blue Shield network.
*Our value-added programs are not benefits and are therefore subject to change without notice.
**Source: The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services