Microbursts: 4 Desk Exercises That Anyone Can Do
What is a Microburst?
A microburst is a quick, simple exercise, or bout of physical activity that provides you with a full body workout and increases your energy level. Microbursts have real, concrete benefits and I don’t think you can find a more convenient exercise.
60-Second Desk Exercises
Each of these desk exercises works a different part of the body and lasts anywhere from 60 seconds to five minutes.
For those of us who spend a lot of time at the computer, this microburst provides a much-needed stretch for the back.
2. Lower body
Break up all those conference calls with calf raises.
3. Full body
Give yourself a good, full-body stretch mid-day, and you’ll see a difference in your energy level.
4. Upper body
If you lug several bags back and forth to work, these shoulder rolls will help relieve some of the tension in your neck and shoulders.
Exos|Medifit runs the fitness center at Independence, and we’ve partnered with them to design each of the microbursts featured here.
Subscribe to IBX Insights
Need Health Insurance?
- Health Insurance Covers 100 Percent of Preventive Care…. but What Is Preventive Care?
- Common Health Coverage Questions Answered
- When Should You Use Primary Care, Urgent Care Centers, or the Emergency Room?
- Microbursts: 4 Desk Exercises That Anyone Can Do
- IBX Members Ride for Less With an Indego Bike Share Discount
- ► 2017 (66)
- ► 2016 (71)
- ► 2015 (51)