IBX Personal Health Record: A Better Way to Manage Your Health Information
For years, my Dad kept a piece of paper the size of a credit card in his wallet with the names and numbers of his doctors and specialists. As he got older, the paper got longer, and over time, he added the names of his prescriptions on the back. Eventually, he laminated it.
In theory, my dad’s wallet card worked as he intended, and it always got a chuckle from doctors and staff. In reality, however, it was often misplaced and frequently out of date.
Thankfully, times have changed, and today, there’s a better way for Independence members (my Dad was one) to manage and maintain their health information — the IBX Personal Health Record.
The IBX Personal Health Record is an online health record that is automatically updated with information from your claims data. It gives you a clear view of all your health information in one place, including:
- Health assessments
- Physician visiab results
- Chronic conditions
- Add to your Personal Health Record, including any health information from before you joined IBX.
- Store and view health records for any insured, dependent members under the age of 18.
- Access and print a variety of reports, including an immunization history report for dependent members under the age of 18.
- Print copies of your health history to bring with you to doctor appointments.
Simple and free — Get started today
The IBX Personal Health Record is also fully accessible through the IBX Mobile app for iPhone and Android devices. Download the app today, and you’ll have access to the information you need, wherever and whenever you need it.
In some ways my Dad was ahead of his time with his laminated paper health record, but as a civil engineer and early computer programmer, I know he would have jumped at the chance to use the online version.
Subscribe to IBX Insights
Need Health Insurance?
- Common health coverage questions answered
- Health insurance covers 100 percent of preventive care…. but what is preventive care?
- When should you use primary care, urgent care centers, or the emergency room?
- 3 Philadelphia Digital Health Start-Ups Revolutionizing Health Care
- Guide to perks & discounts for Independence Blue Cross Members!
- ► 2017 (51)
- ► 2016 (72)
- ► 2015 (51)