The Open Enrollment Period is here, and it’s time for many people in our area to select a health insurance plan for 2023.
It’s an important decision, because having the right health plan can help make your health care expenses much more manageable. But there are different kinds of health plans, so you want to pick one that gives you the right level of benefits at the right cost.
Independence Blue Cross (Independence) has a wide range of health plans to choose from, so it’s easy to find one that fits your needs and budget. And depending on your age, family size, and income, your premium could be as low as $0!
All our health plans cover the same essential health benefits, including doctor visits, hospital stays, blood tests, and X-rays. Here are some of the highlights you may appreciate:
- The largest network of doctors and hospitals: No matter what health plan you choose, you always have access to the full Independence Blue Cross network, which includes 60,000+ in-network doctors and 180+ in-network hospitals.
- $0 preventive care: Pay $0 for preventive care like annual check-ups, cancer screenings, and immunizations. Getting regular preventive can help catch health problems early, when they’re easiest and least costly to treat.
- Prescription drug coverage: All our medical plans include prescription drug coverage, so you get safe, affordable access to covered medications. Your costs will be lowest when you doctor prescribes generic or inexpensive alternatives to brand-name medicines.
- Virtual care: Free, unlimited virtual medical, behavioral health, or dermatology care through MDLIVE®.* Board-certified doctors are available 24/7 to diagnose and treat non-urgent medical conditions.
- A plan that pays you back: Earn up to $300 for your healthy habits! All you have to do is complete six activities during your plan year, like having an annual PCP check-up and getting your flu shot, for example.
Pay Less for High-Quality Care
Depending on your household income and size, you may be eligible for financial assistance, or a tax credit. This helps those who qualify pay for health insurance costs. You may qualify for:
- Lower monthly premiums
- Lower out-of-pocket costs when you receive care
You could pay as little as $0/month for a high-quality health plan!
See if you qualify! Visit ibx.com and enroll by December 15, 2022.
This article is part of a series jointly published by Al Día News and Independence Blue Cross. Look for these other articles:
- Feel Supported with Independence Blue Cross
- Earn Cash Rewards with Independence Blue Cross
- Independence Blue Cross Health Plans Can Help You Save Money