We know health insurance can feel complicated. That’s why we try to make it easy to find a health plan that works for you. After all, enrolling in a health plan is one of the best decisions you can make to protect yourself and your family.
If you live in the Philadelphia area and you’re shopping for an individual or family health insurance plan, we’re here to help. Check out our easy-to-use online tools to compare health plans, get a free quote, and enroll. Or call one of our licensed agents who can answer any questions you have and help you enroll in an Independence Blue Cross health plan for 2024.
How Can I Find an Affordable Health Insurance Plan?
Independence offers the widest selection of health plans for 2024, so you can find one that matches your budget, health needs, and preferences.
Many who apply for health insurance are also eligible for financial assistance from the federal government to help pay their monthly premium — also known as a tax credit (or subsidy). Depending on your income, you could qualify for a $0/month or low-cost health plan. Find out if you are eligible for a tax credit using our online calculator.
Another important part of finding an affordable health insurance plan is making sure you understand the total cost of health insurance. Your monthly premium is how much it costs to buy the health insurance plan, but it’s also important to understand how much it costs to use your coverage when you need care. What will you pay out-of-pocket for copays, coinsurance, and deductibles?
Once you have an idea of what type of health care coverage you need, you can start comparing Independence Blue Cross health insurance plan options.
How Can I Get a Free Health Insurance Quote?
Get a free health insurance quote by visiting our plan shopping site. You’ll complete a quick and easy survey and receive your free quote. There’s no obligation to buy the health plan you receive a quote for, and you can price as many health plans as you need. When you find a health insurance plan you like, you can start your enrollment right then and there.
Ready to get your free health insurance quote? Get started now!
What Do I Need to Enroll?
Once you find the right health insurance plan, use this checklist to make sure you have everything you need to enroll in a 2024 health plan:
- Social Security Numbers of everyone you wish to cover
- Immigration information, if applicable (Lawful Permanent Resident/Green Card documentation)
- Mailing address
- Birth dates of everyone you wish to cover
- Email address* (needed for primary applicant only)
- Information on tobacco use
- Income information (paystubs or W-2 Forms, Wage and Tax Statements)
- Employer information, including name, address, and phone number
- Policy numbers for any health insurance plans you currently have
- Information from your employer about any job-related health insurance available
- Office name and provider ID number for your primary care physician if choosing an HMO plan (find a doctor here)
- Personal health care needs (for example, how often you visit a doctor or get prescriptions filled and any planned surgeries or hospital stays)
- Budget (how much you can comfortably spend on your health plan)
Don’t Miss Out on Health Care Coverage for 2024!
Remember that the Open Enrollment period to get health insurance for 2024 is from November 1, 2023 to January 15, 2024.
Do you want help determining which plan will work best for you? We can help! Call 1-844-891-0700 (TTY: 711), Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. EST.*Whether you’re applying for a 2024 health insurance plan online or by phone, you’ll need to have an email address for registration. If you prefer not to create an email address, please request a paper application by calling 1-888-475-6206 (TTY: 711).