It’s true: Health insurance can seem complicated. But enrolling in coverage is one of the best decisions you can make for yourself and your family. And we make it easy!
If you live in the Philadelphia area and are shopping for an individual health insurance plan for the first time, let us help if you’re feeling overwhelmed. We offer easy-to-use tools to compare health insurance plans, get a free health insurance quote, and enroll in an Independence Blue Cross health plan.
How Can I Find an Affordable Health Insurance Plan?
Independence Blue Cross offers a wide variety of plans at different price points and in each of the metallic levels defined by the Affordable Care Act. Many who apply for health insurance will receive financial assistance from the federal government to help pay for their monthly premium — also known as a subsidy. Find out if you may be eligible for a subsidy with our 2019 subsidy calculator.
Another important part of finding an affordable health insurance plan is making sure you understand the total cost of health insurance. That means figuring out what your health care needs are and how much you are comfortable paying for your monthly premiums and out-of-pocket costs.
Once you have an idea of what type of health care coverage you need, visit ibx4you.com to compare health insurance plans.
How Can I Get a Free Health Insurance Quote?
Get a free health insurance quote by visiting our plan shopping site. You’ll complete a quick and easy survey and receive your free quote. There’s no obligation to buy the plan you receive a quote for, and you can get as many quotes as you need. If you find a health insurance plan you like, you can start your enrollment right then and there.
What Do I Need to Enroll?
Once you find the right health insurance plan, use this checklist to make sure you have everything you need when you sign up for health insurance for 2019.
Here’s what you’ll need to enroll:
- Social Security Numbers of everyone you wish to cover
- Immigration information, if applicable (Lawful Permanent Resident/Green Card documentation)
- Address information
- Birth dates of everyone you wish to cover
- Email address* (needed for primary applicant only)
- Information on tobacco use
- Income information (paystubs or W-2 Forms, Wage and Tax Statements)
- Employer information, including name, address, and phone number
- Policy numbers for any health insurance plans you currently have
- Information from your employer about any job-related health insurance available
- Office name and provider ID number for your primary care physician (PCP) if choosing an HMO plan (Find a doctor here)
- Health care needs (for example, estimate the number of times you visit a doctor, get prescriptions filled, and any planned surgeries or hospital stays)
- Budget (how much you can comfortably spend on your health plan)
Don’t Miss Open Enrollment for Coverage in 2019 — Apply Today!
Once you have what you need to enroll in a health plan, it’s time to apply. Remember that Open Enrollment for coverage in 2019 runs from November 1, 2018 to December 15, 2018.
Need help determining which plan will work best for you or your family? Give us a call at call 1-844-891-0700 (TTY: 711), Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. EST. You can also meet with licensed agents at Independence LIVE, who can answer your questions and enroll you in person, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
*Whether you’re applying for a 2019 health insurance plan online or by phone, you’ll need to have an email address for registration. If you prefer not to create an email address, please request a paper application by calling 1-888-475-6206 (TTY: 711).