It’s true: Health insurance can seem complicated. But enrolling in coverage is one of the best decisions you can make for yourself and your family. And we make it easy!
If you live in the Philadelphia area and are shopping for an individual health insurance plan for the first time, we’re here to help if you’re feeling overwhelmed. We offer easy-to-use tools to compare health insurance plans, get a free quote, and enroll in an Independence Blue Cross health plan for 2020.
How Can I Find an Affordable Health Insurance Plan?
Independence Blue Cross offers the widest selection of health plans for 2020, so you can find one that is right for your budget, personal health, and preferences. Many who apply for health insurance are also eligible for financial assistance from the federal government to help pay their monthly premium — also known as a tax credit (or subsidy). Find out if you are eligible for a tax credit using our online calculator.
Another important part of finding an affordable health insurance plan is making sure you understand the total cost of health insurance. That means figuring out how much it costs to buy the health insurance plan (your monthly premium) as well as how much it costs to use your coverage (what you’ll pay for out-of-pocket, including copays and deductibles).
Once you have an idea of what type of health care coverage you need, you can start comparing Independence Blue Cross health insurance plan options.
How Can I Get a Free Health Insurance Quote?
Get a free health insurance quote by visiting our plan shopping site. You’ll complete a quick and easy survey and receive your free quote. There’s no obligation to buy the health plan you receive a quote for, and you can price as many plans as you need. When you find a health insurance plan you like, you can start your enrollment right then and there.
What Do I Need to Enroll?
Once you find the right health insurance plan, use this checklist to make sure you have everything you need to enroll in a 2020 health plan:
- Social Security Numbers of everyone you wish to cover
- Immigration information, if applicable (Lawful Permanent Resident/Green Card documentation)
- Address information
- Birth dates of everyone you wish to cover
- Email address* (needed for primary applicant only)
- Information on tobacco use
- Income information (paystubs or W-2 Forms, Wage and Tax Statements)
- Employer information, including name, address, and phone number
- Policy numbers for any health insurance plans you currently have
- Information from your employer about any job-related health insurance available
- Office name and provider ID number for your primary care physician if choosing an HMO plan (find a doctor here)
- Personal health care needs (for example, estimate the number of times you visit a doctor, get prescriptions filled, and any planned surgeries or hospital stays)
- Budget (how much you can comfortably spend on your health plan)
Don’t Miss Out on Health Care Coverage for 2020!
Remember that the Open Enrollment period for 2020 health care coverage is from November 1, 2019 to December 15, 2019.
Need help determining which plan will work best for you or your family? We can help you on the phone or in person:
- Call us. Call 1-844-891-0700 (TTY: 711), Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. EST.
- Come see us. Meet with a licensed Independence Blue Cross insurance agent who can answer your questions and help you enroll — no appointment needed. You can find us at Independence LIVE, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Or stop by the Independence Express, our mobile education and enrollment center. Check to see when the Independence Express will be in your community this season.
*Whether you’re applying for a 2020 health insurance plan online or by phone, you’ll need to have an email address for registration. If you prefer not to create an email address, please request a paper application by calling 1-888-475-6206 (TTY: 711).