Open Enrollment for 2020 individual and family health insurance plans starts November 1, 2019, and ends December 15, 2019.
During Open Enrollment, you can apply for a new health insurance plan, change your health plan type, or make updates to your existing health plan, such as adding dependents. Any new plans or changes you make by December 15 will go into effect on January 1, 2020.
See if you qualify for financial assistance
Financial assistance, also called tax credits or subsidies, may be available depending on where you live, your family size, and income. If you are eligible, you could pay a lower premium each month for your health plan. Check our online calculator to see if you and your family may be eligible for financial assistance.
Compare 2020 health plans
For 2020, we are offering a wide selection of health plans to meet the coverage needs and budgets for individuals and families in the Philadelphia region. Here’s how to get started:
- Compare 2020 health plans from Independence Blue Cross
- See if you are eligible for a subsidy to help reduce your monthly rate
- Have a look at our supplemental coverage options, including dental, vision, and international travel health insurance plans
- When you pick your plan, you can easily apply in several ways:
- Online at ibx.comom/applynow
- By phone at 1-888-475-6206 (TTY: 711), Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- In-person with a licensed agent on the Independence Express or at Independence LIVE, our customer experience center on the 2nd floor at 1919 Market Street. Independence LIVE is open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. While you’re there, enjoy a fitness class or cooking demonstration. Activities at Independence Live are free to Independence members.