Open Enrollment for 2018 individual and family health insurance plans starts on November 1, 2017, and ends December 15, 2017. Please note that the open enrollment period has been shortened this year.
November 1 is the first day that you can apply for a new health insurance plan, change your health plan type, or make changes to your existing health plan, such as adding dependents. Any new plans or changes you make by December 15 will be effective on January 1, 2018.
See if you may qualify for financial assistance
Financial assistance, also called subsidies, may be available depending on your family size and income. In fact, you could pay as little as $0/month for a quality health plan! For example, the average monthly rate for a family of four making $61,500 annually would be $0. A family making $86,100 would only pay $67!* Check the Subsidy Calculator to see if you and your family are eligible.
Compare 2018 health plans
For 2018, we are offering a wide selection of health plans to meet the coverage needs and budgets for individuals and families in the Philadelphia region. Here’s how to get started:
- See if you may be eligible for a subsidy to help reduce your monthly rate.
- Compare 2018 health plans from Independence Blue Cross.
- Have a look at our supplemental coverage options (Dental, Vision, and Travel insurance plans)
- When you pick your plan, you can easily apply in a number of ways:
- Online at ibx4you.com
- By phone at 1-888-475-6206 (TTY: 711), Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- In-person with a licensed agent on the or at Independence LIVE, our customer experience center on the 2nd floor at 1919 Market Street, where you can talk to a Super Agent. These are customer service experts who can help you choose the health plan that works best for you and your family, and also get you enrolled, right then and there! Independence LIVE is open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST. While you’re there, enjoy a fitness class or cooking demonstration. Activities at Independence Live are free to Independence members.
*Average monthly rate for a family of four based on two adult members both age 47 and children ages 10 and 12.