Open Enrollment for 2019 individual and family health insurance plans starts on November 1, 2018, and ends December 15, 2018.
Beginning November 1, you can apply for a new health insurance plan, change your health plan type, or make updates to your existing health plan, such as adding dependents. Any new plans or changes you make by December 15 will go into effect on January 1, 2019.
See if you may qualify for financial assistance
Financial assistance, also called subsidies, may be available depending on where you live, your family size, and income. In fact, you could pay as little as $0/month for a quality health plan! Check the Subsidy Calculator to see if you and your family may be eligible for financial assistance.
Compare 2019 health plans
For 2019, we are offering a wide selection of health plans to meet the coverage needs and budgets for individuals and families in the Philadelphia region. Here’s how to get started:
- Compare 2019 health plans from Independence Blue Cross
- See if you may be eligible for a subsidy to help reduce your monthly rate
- Have a look at our supplemental coverage options, including dental, vision, and international travel health insurance plans
- When you pick your plan, you can easily apply in several ways:
- Online at ibx4you.com
- By phone at 1-888-475-6206 (TTY: 711), Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- In-person with a licensed agent on the or at Independence LIVE, our customer experience center on the 2nd floor at 1919 Market Street, where you can talk to a Super Agent. These are customer service experts who can help you choose a health plan that works best for you and your family and also get you enrolled, right then and there! Independence LIVE is open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. While you’re there, enjoy a fitness class or cooking demonstration. Activities at Independence Live are free to Independence members.