Open Enrollment 2017 is here, and you’re ready to sign up for a health insurance plan — you may even have a health plan from Independence Blue Cross already picked out — but what else do you need to apply? We put together a handy checklist to make sure that you have everything you need when you sign up for health insurance for 2017.
Your Open Enrollment 2017 Checklist
- Social Security Numbers of everyone you wish to cover
- Immigration information, if applicable (Lawful Permanent Resident/Green Card documentation)
- Address Information
- Birth dates of everyone you wish to cover
- Email address1 (needed for primary applicant only)
- Information on tobacco use
- Income information (paystubs or W-2 Forms, wage and tax statements)
- Employer information including employer name, address, and phone numbers
- Policy numbers for any health insurance plan you currently have
- Information from your employer about any job-related health insurance available
- Office name and ID number for your primary care physician (PCP) if choosing an HMO plan (visit ibx4you.com/providerfinder to find a PCP)
- Health care needs (estimate of the number of times you visit a doctor, get prescriptions filled, and any planned surgeries or hospital stays)
- Budget (set a budget of how much you can comfortably spend on your health plan)
Once you have what you need to enroll in a health plan, it’s time to apply. Remember that Open Enrollment 2017 runs from November 1, 2016, to January 31, 2017. Need help determining which plan will work best for you or your family? Give us a call at call 1-844-891-0700 (TTY: 711), Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. EST. You can also meet with licensed agents on the Independence Express truck or with the super agents at Independence LIVE, who can enroll you in person Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
1Whether you’re applying for a 2017 health insurance plan online or by phone, you’ll need to have an email address for registration. If you prefer not to create an email address, please request a paper application by calling 1-888-475-6206 (TTY: 711).